Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Pregnant Lady Needs a New Bed.

I was always one of those people that despised king size beds. I was convinced they ruined marriages. I didn't like them, even in the fanciest of hotels. I told Mike over and over that queen beds are plenty large and that king beds were completely and totally unnecessary. And now I want one. Bad. 

It's not that there's anything wrong with our old bed. It's delightfully comfortable, and I love our bedding. I just need more space! For only having gained 8 pounds, I feel a lot bigger. I don't know if it's because I'm gradually becoming a lighter sleeper or what, but finding a new bed has sky-rocketed to the top of my to-do list.

So, I took Mike shopping today (for those of you who don't know him well, shopping is his *insert sarcastic voice here* most favorite activity! I usually need to bribe him with beer to even get him to consider going shopping!) just to take a look and to get an idea of how much my new necessity will cost us. As it turns out, we both have pretty expensive taste in mattresses. Actually, really expensive taste. Oh yeah, and we're going to need a new bed frame on which to place this fancy bed. And new sheets and a new comforter. And this is in a house that still doesn't have a dining room table!

Priorities were set today, however. I'm thankful that I have a sweet husband that values my beauty rest almost as much as I do, and is willing to indulge my NEED for a new bed :). I suppose it helps that he's been begging me to get a king bed for years. Ha! So, after we get back from our baby moon, the bed and its frame will be our first purchase.

By the way, I've discovered that this pregnant lady is a little high maintenance. There are lots of things a preggo needs! Like big beds!

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment