Well, it's about that time...time to get some full-on-maternity clothes. I must admit, I thought I would be able to get by a little longer without needing the dreaded M clothes, but alas, at 18 weeks here I am. So far, I've been able to get by with a pair of maternity jeans (yes, jeans were the first thing to go!) and for the most part, my normal tops.
This week, I got a pair of pants back from the drycleaners, and I was sooo excited. I was getting back one of the two pairs of pants that still fit! Last week I had no trouble getting them not only zipped, but buttoned too! I pulled them out of the bag, put them on, and... they wouldn't zip up all the way, and forget about getting them buttoned. Oh my belly. This was a disastrous morning in the Carlozzi house!
I begrudgingly pulled out my handy-dandy Belly Band. Although I was in a bit of tizzy because my pants no longer fit, I'm so thankful I had purchased this over-priced piece of material! For those that aren't familiar with this genius contraption, it's kind of like a tube top for your belly. It enables you to wear your old pants unbuttoned and unzipped, but conceals it from the world. Glorious.
I think I'll be able to get by with my Belly Band for a few more weeks, which excites me to no end. On the other hand, my tops are lasting less time than I ever thought. They have become too tight, too short, very quickly. And a too-short, too-tight shirt on a preggo isn't cute, at all.
I went out on Wednesday at lunch to try to find longer, more flowy shirts, but at non maternity stores. Epic failure. I almost cried. I'm not sure why I've been so obstinate about avoiding maternity clothes, but I'm done trying to squeeze into clothes that fit my non-pregnant self! It sets up a pregnant lady for a very bad day. I've ordered some things from Old Navy and Target, and I'm hoping to abuse Anna's Loft discount soon too (they have the cutest maternity things online!)!
Despite the wardrobe drama, I've starting feeling really good almost every day. I'm cooking as much as I did before I started studying for the CPA exam (5 or 6 days a week), and let me tell you, Mike is THRILLED! The days of grilled cheese and apples for dinner are officially over. And I think I've started feeling little Indiana move, just a little. It's nuts. The baby is about the size of a sweet potato this week (and my uterus is the size of a cantaloupe!), which probably explains why my clothes aren't really fitting anymore :). I have a whole produce department growing in there!
Oh, and I've booked our baby moon!!!!! Mike and I are headed to St. Thomas at the end of April, and I couldn't be more excited! I vacillated between Peurto Rico and the US Virgin Islands, and in the end, St. Thomas won. From what I can tell, St. Thomas is more of a relaxing place and Peurto Rico can be more of a party place, so seeing as this pregnant lady isn't really the partying type, St. Thomas seemed a little more appropriate. I think it will be the prefect place to celebrate 7 years of marriage (on April 30th! Can you believe it?!) and this little life we've created.
Mike bought me a fantastic new camera for Valentine's Day, and I'm thinking I need to try it out before this baby gets here. I'm going to try to get him to take a belly picture or two this weekend! Now that I'm starting to show just a little, it seems like I should be doing something to commemorate the appearance of the belly!
Until Next Time!
No comments:
Post a Comment