I went for our 16 (almost 17) week checkup on Friday, and everything is looking good! It almost seems silly to have to go to the doctor at this point because they did was have me pee in a cup, get on a scale and listen for a heartbeat. Listening to Baby C's heartbeat is always exciting, but I could do without getting on a scale or peeing in a cup!
I'm right on track with weight gain, which is good! I'm going to be in a bridesmaid's dress 9 weeks after having this baby, so I'm really hoping to keep the weight gain in check! Mel and Ryan's wedding is the best motivation I have for keeping away from girl scout cookies right now! I'm walking a couple of miles several days a week and doing yoga, so hopefully that will help too!
The next appointment on March 20th will be a fun one. We will FINALLY find out if Baby C is a boy or a girl. Rest assured, I will let you all know as soon as humanly possible!
One of my dearest friends, Kimberlee, had her second baby last night, and I just can't wait to meet him! Visiting friends in the hospital that have just had babies has always been fun, but now that we're expecting one of our own, it seems that much more special. Kimberlee is my pregnancy hero. This gal has had two babies WITHOUT EPIDURALS! I know they say that there are no medals in childbirth, but she sure deserves one!
I have two other friends expecting babies in the next few weeks too, and I know of at least 3 girls (including my sister-in-law!!!! Yay for cousins!) expecting babies within two weeks of me & Mike.These girls (and my other mommy friends too!) are a wealth of knowledge, and I am taking full advantage of them! There are just some things that Mike can't understand (and frankly, probably would rather not hear about!) and having your best girl friends just a call away is so comforting. I've already had a few "this CAN'T be normal" moments and I'm so glad I've had my sweet friends to the rescue!
Until next time!
Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment