So... I've encountered pregnancy clumsiness. I've effectively knocked over 3 glasses of water in the past 36 hours! One into my nightstand, one behind the sofa (don't ask), and yet another on my desk today at work. For several weeks I ate like a five-year-old, and now I need to be treated like one because of my new found ability to knock over cups. Mike said he's going to stock up on sippy cups! It's a little frustrating, to say the least! Many of my pregnant friends chalk it up to a changing center of gravity; that would be a nice excuse if I had a belly that was less related to cookies and more related to a baby! I guess this is one of the "joys of pregnancy" that no one really talks about!
Oh...and I also managed to smack myself in the eye socket with a door on my way out of the dressing room at the Gap on Saturday! Mike is concerned that people will think he's beating his pregnant wife!
Despite all of the messes and minor bruising, I am really starting to love pregnancy. I'll start to love it even more when my belly is more baby and less cookies, and even MORE when we know if ET is a boy or a girl! Speaking of, at 16 weeks, the gender is fully visible on an ultrasound, and I'm itching to find out! I am just dying to visit one of those standalone sonogram places! Mike, on the other hand, has no desire to find out early, and is perfectly content to wait for our 20 week appointment, which isn't until March 23rd! Despite my pleas to find out the gender of our baby, like yesterday, he made a very valid point: we should enjoy this pregnancy and not rush it because we don't know when we will get to experience this again (although secretly I think he wants to continue to think it's a boy for the next few weeks, just in case it ends up being a girl! Ha!).
And so, we will wait. For the next 30 days, I'm going to try really hard to be a patient, un-clumsy preggo, sippy cup and all :).
Until next time!
So funny! I love reading your posts! Enjoy...it does go by fast!
ReplyDelete