The past year has been absolutely crazy for me and Mike. I finished grad school, studied for and passed the CPA exams, we bought a new house, we're about to sell our old house (FINALLY!!), my sister Mel is getting married (wo HOO!!!!), and oh yeah, we're having a baby! I keep reminding myself that God's timing is perfect and that none of this would be happening without his grace, so instead of freaking out about it all, I really am trying to enjoy it!
Since our families live so far and wide (you know who you are!), I thought this would be the best way to keep everyone up to date on what's going on with us (ahem, the new baby! I know that's what you really care about!).
So, I'm about 16 weeks along and the baby is the size of an avocado. These baby comparisons to food just make me hungry! Speaking of being hungry, the nausea has finally worn off and I'm starting to eat like an adult again! For awhile there all I wanted to eat was grilled cheese sandwiches and granny smith apples - just like a 5 year old! It's so nice to enjoy a meal again, but now that I'm feeling better, I'm finding it really hard to turn down a cookie, or 5 :).
Our next appointment is this Friday. This one won't be too exciting - they will just let me know how much fatter I've become and listen for a heartbeat. The one after that is the one for which we are REALLY excited - when we find out the gender of this alien baby!!! Although Mike is convinced this baby is a boy, we'll have to rely on modern technology for an accurate reading!!! All joking aside, we just really want a healthy baby. We are so excited about the joy this baby will bring to many that it really doesn't matter either way.
Until Next Time!
No comments:
Post a Comment