Thursday, March 22, 2012

It's a BOY!!!!

Well, I'm sure most of you know by now that Mike and I are having a little boy! We both couldn't be more excited! I don't know the first thing about little boys, but Mike sure does! I guess that's why God intended for children to have two parents, right?!

Knowing that we will have a little boy has been a complete and total game changer for me. It has taken this sweet little baby from just being "it" (or Indiana!) to being a bona fide person. He's not just a nameless alien that's making me sick any more - this is a little person that will change our lives forever. And now I can't wait to meet him.

Speaking of being sick, I must have jinxed myself by putting it out there that I've been feeling better. The past few weeks have been slightly challenging. I felt like my nausea was coming back, and I even went home early from work one day last week. I haven't missed work since we found out about the baby, even on the days when I was drooling over my trash can, swearing I would throw up at any minute! I mentioned it to the doctor when we went in on Tuesday, and he quite easily diagnosed me as being anemic. Nothing a few iron pills can't fix though!  He said I should be enjoying my "golden trimester" as he calls it within a week or so. I'm very much looking forward to this burst of energy that so many of my pregnant friends have talked about that comes with the arrival of the second trimester! I have a lot to get done between now and August 6th!!!

Oh, and I realize I'm way late regarding a belly picture. I'm going to try to get Mike to snap one for me tomorrow. This belly is getting out of control! It's not just cookies in there any more!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment