I don't think I'm the best at picking clothes that do this belly justice...it really is getting quite large, and I'm exclusively wearing maternity clothes now! This kid is moving all the time. In fact, I'm convinced that he's going to be ADHD! I guess an active baby is a good thing, right?!
Part of the reason I haven't posted sooner is that I'm just not feeling 100% these days. The iron I've been taking is really kicking in, but most days it's all I can do to go to work, walk Sadie, make us dinner and then fall in bed! I'm still hopeful that this wonderful burst of energy will kick in soon, but for now, I'm just expecting that I'll be a little tired from now until eternity :). The good news is that I'm sleeping like a baby for a ridiculous 10 or 11 hours a night! Crazy, huh?!
I feel like we're finally starting to prepare for the arrival of this sweet baby boy! The painter should be here next weekend to get a little color in the nursery! We're going to put up white bead board halfway up the wall and paint the rest navy. I love bold colors, and as Mike so sweetly pointed out, navy and white are Dallas Cowboys colors, which are perfectly appropriate for his son's room! I think picking out colors has been the most difficult part of getting the nursery started. Now that we have that settled, I'm hoping the rest will just fall into place.
And yesterday morning, I actually got Mike into a mall to go look at baby furniture! Can you believe it?! He actually quite enjoyed himself... Potterybarn Kids has little boys rooms set up with Spiderman and Star Wars gear, including Darth Vader night lights! He was hoping that we could get crib sheets with Darth Vader on them. We'll see about that :).
We ordered a crib, crib mattress and a dresser/changing table. With any luck they should be here in a few weeks! I have my eye on navy and white bedding from Potterybarn as well:

I'm still looking around, but this is my favorite so far. Any other suggestions on where to find navy and white things are welcome!
All of this planning makes it that much more real that Mike and I will have a sweet baby boy in 4 short months. The excitement (and fear!) just keep building!
Until next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment