Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Pregnant Lady Doesn't Feel Cute.

I work in the best place imaginable. No, really. I'm spoiled with a great boss, and beautiful window office with a view, tickets to concerts, sporting events, and private concerts at my company owner's ranch (to the tune of Bon Jovi and the Eagles!). And I work with some of the sweetest girls around. Every day when I come in to the office, they all can't wait to see what new maternity outfit I have on, and proceed to tell me  every day what a cute pregnant lady I am.

I hope they all read this blog and know how infinitely better they make my days! Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful that God has blessed us with this sweet little boy. But being pregnant isn't as easy as I thought it would be! I think the toughest part is feeling limited. As in, I tried to plant flowers two weeks ago, and it took me twice as long as it used to, and I was sore for three days. That NEVER used to happen before I was pregnant! And most days I'm in bed before 9:00, and I can easily sleep for 10 or 12 hours (I have a sweet husband that wakes up with Sadie and lets me sleep until I can't sleep any more!).

One of the toughest things I've experienced is this weight gain. So vain, I know. But seeing numbers on a scale I've never seen before in my life is freaking me out! I know it's all for the baby, this is the first of a lifetime of things I will be doing for my little boy, and it will all come off later...blah blah blah...but gaining weight is the pits!

So thank you, sweet friends, for always telling me how cute I look, even when I feel more like a house than a cute pregnant lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment