So my visit to the doctor this week was very insightful. I've been feeling pretty good, sleeping well, and I'm kidney stone free. My only complaint is that I'm pretty sure Baby C thinks the exit is on the left side of my belly, because it feels like he's trying to burrow an escape tunnel over there. Maybe he's already seen Shawshank Redemption. Don't get me wrong - I love feeling him move and it's very reassuring to know he's so active, but I swear this kid thinks the exit is to the left.
I mentioned this to my doctor so he started poking around my belly, and confirmed that Baby C's rear is parked on the right side of my belly (which explains the mild swelling on my right side) and his hands AND feet are over on the left, which is why I feel like he's trying to make an exit over there. Then, he nonchalantly proceeded to tell me that I probably have a 5 pounder swimming around in there. WHAT?!?! With 10 weeks to go?! No wonder I've been feeling so huge!
So it looks like Baby C is going to be a big boy. Like 9 pounds big. Yowza. I'm thrilled to be growing such a healthy baby, but the thought of delivering a 9 pounder scares me a little. This little guy is going to come out with a beard and a stogie in his mouth wanting a steak for dinner!!!
You can imagine that my next question for the doctor was when we started talking about C-sections. I was half joking. Sort of. Do I really want to have a major surgery? No. But do I want to deliver a 9 pound plus baby either? Well, I guess only time will tell. I hope my sweet doctor has overestimated the size of our baby boy. I'll have another sonogram at 36 weeks, at which they will be able to estimate his size a little better. Then we can really talk about what to do about this giant I'm growing!
In non-baby news, Mel and I went shopping for my matron of honor dress today! In the spirit of finding dresses we can all wear again, Mel has graciously allowed each of her bridesmaids to select their own dresses. Under normal circumstances, this would be fabulous. However, finding a dress that will fit 9 weeks after my baby is due while almost 8 months pregnant is slightly challenging.
Fortunately, Mel and I can easily share clothes, and even cocktail dresses, so she served as my body double today. She tried on the dresses, and I picked out the one I liked best! Now that's my kind of shopping!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment