Sunday, May 27, 2012

Dog Sitting

When my dear friend Leslie asked what we were doing for Memorial Day weekend because she needed someone to watch her dogs, there was no way I could say no. Although we trade dog-sitting duties, she takes Sadie much more often than I take her puppies. She loves my dog as I do, and I couldn't think of a better person dog sit for us when were out of town (besides Mel of course :). She loves Sadie more than I do!).

When I first met Leslie, she was single, and had two geriatric beagles that I fell in love with. You could say that the reason Mike and I decided on a beagle was because of Leslie's puppies. They were so sweet, so well behaved, and had the best little personalities. When Mike and I found Sadie, we were so excited because we had been looking for the right dog to adopt, but we were planning on visiting Mike's family in Florida for Christmas, followed by a trip to Vegas to celebrate my dad's birthday, meaning we were going to be gone for an entire week. Leslie of course knew about our plans to adopt Sadie, and also our desire to wait until we got back from our trip to bring her home. Leslie took one look at a picture of Sadie and told us to go get her, that she would keep her for us while we were gone.

Now this was no easy task Leslie was offering to take on. Most of you know Sadie was a rescue, so what Leslie was offering was to take in a dog with an unknown history to stay with her for an entire week, a mere 6 days after she had been with us. What a blessing my friend with such a big heart has been to me, and to my sweet little dog.

Four years later, Leslie is married to her perfect match (Chris, aka Officer Hottie, for those who know him well) and he has a geriatric wiener dog. Although one of her sweet beagles passed away a few years a ago, Leslie and Chris have adopted the cutest mini wiener dog you've ever seen! His name is Dexter, and I think I'm going to keep him.

No really. He and Sadie LOVE each other. They play well together, and they will even share the same bed. Look at these two!!!









They are a match made in puppy heaven! These two will play and play for hours! They bark, howl and growl at each other, in the sweetest way possible, of course.

Leslie & Chris' other doggies are also precious...they just aren't as cooperative for my camera :). They are sweet, little old men dogs that love to sleep, eat, give kisses and that's about it.

I have to say, at first, four dogs was a little overwhelming, but the longer they are here, the more comfortable they get. I think the house will be a little empty when they are all gone.

I have no exciting baby news this week. Sad, I know. I go back to the doctor on Tuesday, so if anything of note happens, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment