Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Pregnant Lady Goes on Vacation...and Some Other Things.

I feel like I have so much to post about today, but I'll try to keep it to the necessary topics :).

So, Mike and I had a lovely time in St. Thomas. The hotel was wonderful (how can the Ritz not be?!), the beach was beautiful, and the weather couldn't have been better.

Here's the view from the beach at the hotel (including my feet!):


The only problem with going on vacation with just the two of us is that it's tough to get pictures together! I took only two preggo bathing suit pictures! Here's the first one! 

And Mike took only one shirtless picture :). I would have liked a few more!

Thank goodness our beach chairs had individual shade covers...Mike would have been a lobster by the time we got  home!

We took the 15 minute ferry ride over to St. John for the day. It was amazing! In fact, I think next time we go back to the Virgin Islands, we'll stay there. Everyone I know said we HAD to see Trunk Bay, and it was so worth the very scary "taxi" (um, the bed of a circa 1994 Ford Ranger lined with benches!) ride to see it. Neither of us have seen water like that in our lives. It's such a beautiful, unspoiled place.



The one picture we did get together was at dinner one night. As you can tell, all of the views are absolutely amazing!


We had such a relaxing trip, but unfortunately I woke up at 6:00 a.m. the morning after we returned (which was also our 7 year wedding anniversary!) with severe back pain, which turned out to be kidney stones. Not fun, but definitely not dangerous for me or for the baby. Mike has been my hero this week, with not one but two trips to the emergency room. He's stayed home from work to make sure I'm not mixing too many medications, that I'm not in too much pain, and basically to be the be husband ever. Really. I chose wisely.

So for now, we're in a holding pattern: wait for the pain to come back and hope that these silly kidney stones pass soon. I'm doing my best to function normally, i.e. go to work, but it's been tough this past week. The urologist I saw seems to think it could be a week or two before I'm feeling better. We could both use a prayer, if you have a free moment.

All things considered, this could be much worse, and I am just thankful that the baby isn't in any danger. On the bright side, all of the doctors and nurses I've seen this week have said if I can make it through kidney stone pain, I can get through childbirth without an epidural. Thanks but no thanks!!!! I'll take that epidural when I can! Ha!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment