Saturday, May 19, 2012

28 Weeks!

I had a great 28 week checkup earlier this week! The baby is doing great, I passed my glucose test with flying colors (those of you who know me well know I don’t like to fail tests!), and I’m right on target with my weight gain. Oh, and I think I've seen the last of these pesky kidney stones. Hopefully the next time we have to go to the hospital, we'll come home with a new baby instead of a kidney stone diagnosis!

I’ll start visiting the doctor every two weeks until I hit 36 weeks, at which time I’ll start going every week. This baby is going to be here before we know it! It’s funny how one’s perception of time changes depending on the event one is anticipating. For example, if I were waiting 12 weeks to go on vacation, it would feel like an eternity! On the other hand, our baby will be here in 12 weeks, and I feel like we don’t have enough time to get everything done that we need to before he arrives!  But, we’re getting there.

Mike picked up the crib last weekend, and the changing table/dresser was delivered today. Much to his brother’s chagrin, Mike will have to put together the crib! Matt just isn’t sure that his nephew will be secure in a bed constructed by Mike! I lovingly disagree, and as long as we don't have any leftover parts or pieces, I think Baby C will be perfectly safe.

We’ve ordered a glorious, overstuffed chair for the nursery, and we have a bassinet on the way for the first few weeks that Baby C will be in our room.  We’re slowly but surely acquiring all the things Baby C will need…but let’s be honest. Most of the things we’re acquiring are things to make things easier on us, not the baby :). Nonetheless, we’re starting to accumulate a lot of stuff! He’ll have a place to sleep and chair I can rock him to sleep in, at the very least. Once I get a few things put away, I'll take a progress picture of the nursery. 

And in parental news, I finally got my king size bed! It was delivered this morning, and I couldn't be more excited about it. This is one glorious bed! And with as big as this belly is getting, I could definitely use the extra space. I’m starting to feel a little like Jessica Simpson, but I guess that just comes with the territory. I’ll get Mike to snap a picture in the next few days so you can see how ginormous I’m getting!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment