Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Pregnant Lady has Neglected Her Blog.

So the past few weeks have been a leetle crazy around here. Baby Michael and I are doing just fine, but we've had so much going on! I'll give you a quick run down...

About 4 weeks ago, just as I was starting to think I had turned  a corner and I was getting the hang of this pregnancy thing  (I've determined that I'm just not good at being pregnant, by the way), I break my toe with a 1.5 liter jug. I won't get into the gory details, but it ended with brand new cuss words and a gimpy pregnant lady. I know I should let Mike do the heavy lifting around here, and from now until the baby is born, I will.

The sad thing about a broken toe is that there is absolutely nothing you can do. Since reasonable doctors won't shoot pregnant ladies with radtiation, an x-ray is out of the question, so just like kidney stones, there isn't any real way to diagnose it. And just like kidney stones, there isn't much that can be done about a broken toe....So for the past month, I have been the proud owner of a fat, second left toe. I'm just glad I don't have cankles yet, so for now, I'll keep my fat toe. 

Later that week, after the toe incident, I started to feel a little run down. Long story short, I got a cold that turned into a sinus infection, which was really fun. Especially since it was the week of both of my baby showers. The sad thing about being sick while pregnant is that you can't take any of the good stuff...ahem, Niquil.

Regardless of all my non-dangerous and annoying drama, I had two beautiful baby showers in one week. The ladies at my office put together the sweetest luncheon, and I had 30 people show up!!! Can you believe it?! And the Saturday after that, Grandma Kathy's friends hosted a lovely shower for 40 of my nearest and dearest friends and family. My mom, Gena and Stephanie all flew in to make an already special day even better. There's nothing like being surrounded by your family!

So, a broken toe, a cold, a sinus infection and two baby showers later, I am finally on the mend! You can't imagine the mountain of thank you notes I've written in the past few weeks.... I think I've said it before, but this kid is already spoiled and he's not even here yet. Our garage and dining room look like the warehouse of a Babies R Us. No seriously. We are SO blessed by our generous friends and family!

Now, the task at hand is to organize all of these gifts, and to begin the mountain of laundry (Baby Michael already has more clothes than I do...no, really.).I think that nesting thing is starting to kick in, because the urgency of getting Michael's room finished is starting to sink in. Oh yeah, and it could be because his due date is 5 WEEKS AWAY!

Mel is coming by today, and I couldn't be more thankful! We are going to buy the last few things we need, and then spend the afternoon in the AC putting things together, and then away. I'll snap a few pictures along the way, and I'll have Mel take a belly one too!

Speaking of bellies, I just keep getting bigger! I had a visit with the doctor this week (which included a sonogram!!) and Michael is growing perfectly! And he's not as big as we thought, thankfully. He's weighing in around 5.5 to 6 pounds, according to the sonogram. So with 5 weeks to go, I'm hoping he comes in closer to 8 pounds than 9 or 10.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment