We're still working on the wall decor, but the basics are all in place for us to bring this little guy home. His bassinet and crib are both ready, I have changing tables (yes, plural. We're high maintenance have one in his room upstairs and one in our room downstairs.) stocked with diapers and wipes, clean towels and sheets, and enough clothes to outfit a baby army.
Here's the crib:
And his bookcase stocked with some of my own childhood favorites (thanks to a sweet friend!). The pictures on top of the bookcase are hospital pictures of me and Mike. I was a much cuter baby, in case you're wondering :).
In the event you're the perceptive type, that is in fact a Darth Vader night light. Guess who picked that out?!
On thing is for sure, this kid will never have to be naked! Look at all these clothes!
I've bought less than 6 things for this baby, and what you see here is the result of our sweet family and friends that have showered us with an abundance of clothes!
Our glider is all set up too. I have a new appreciation for people that work in furniture and retail stores. Getting furniture to look picture perfect is pretty tough! I swear I ironed the cover!
While I've been setting up the nursery, this chair has been a fabulous place to rest. It's ridiculously comfortable. I know that its purpose will change in a few short weeks, but I'm really starting to look forward to rocking Michael to sleep here. I'll let you know how I feel about that a few weeks after he arrives :). I'm praying he isn't a collicky baby!
I'm starting to really get uncomfortable these days. I think it's because 1) I have a really short torso, so this poor baby has nowhere to go but into my ribcage and 2) I have 4.5 weeks to go!!! This belly really decreases my mobility and I just don't have the stamina I used to have. Although I'm still sleeping pretty well, I definitely get bouts of preggo insomnia, which I'm convinced is God's way of preparing moms for new babies.
I would just love for Michael to arrive about a week or two early, as long as he's cooked, of course. I've been working really hard at work to tie up loose ends and get my responsibilities covered while I'm out on maternity leave. Yes, I'm planning on going back to work.
Mike and I are taking a baby care class next week, so after that I think I will feel as ready as I'm going to feel for this little guy to arrive. We know so little about caring for babies, so I'm sure it will make for an interesting evening!
Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment