At almost 38 weeks, I am very ready to not be pregnant anymore. Specifically, I would really love to meet our sweet little Michael. All negativity aside, it's because it became much more real to me yesterday that we will soon have a baby of our own. I got to visit not one, but two newborns!!!
My sister-in-law Llena delivered a beautiful baby girl named Audrey Lee yesterday morning!! We couldn't be happier for Matt, Llena and Audrey's big sister, Emma. Such exciting times in our family!
Llena is in the exact same hospital that I will be in, so it was really nice to see how everything works there. We are using the same pediatrician (who came to visit little Audrey while we were there!), and so we even got to see how that works! Seeing Llena go through the motions in the hospital just a few short weeks before we will be there definitely helps aleviate any anxiety about the unknowns. I am so grateful for that!
One of my college room mates delivered a beautiful baby girl on Thursday, so I stopped by to see her too! Again, it's so nice to have your close friends go through these things a few weeks before you so you can get the real scoop on what to expect! I'm getting way more information out of these girls than any book I've read!
Both new moms looked amazing, and I hope I look (and feel!) half as good as they did when I saw them yesterday! I expected to be more anxious after seeing these girls with their new babies yesterday, but honestly I'm just that much more excited to meet our little guy.
I go back to the doctor on Tuesday, so we'll know then if I'm progressing as I should be. Hopefully this baby will be here sooner rather than later! Until then I'll continue to joyfully be kicked in the ribs, sleep lightly and constantly be told "how pregnant" I look :).
No comments:
Post a Comment