In light of being in the home stretch (4 weeks to go!!!!), I thought I would dwell on a few things that I really love about being pregnant. I feel like I complain a lot of the time because I haven't had the easiest of pregnancies - again, not that I've had any dangerous problems, just annoying ones. I worry a lot caring for this little boy once he arrives, and not just caring for him, but parenting him in a way that will hopefully produce a loving, caring, and ethical man that fears the Lord. Sigh.
Back to the positive! Ten things:
1. Mike and I have a new-found love for each other that I don't think couples find until they get to the point of having children. It's been crazy to see how our relationship is grown over the past 9 months. Or maybe he's just more amenable to me now that's I'm pregnant :). Who knows?!
2. I've been really lucky to just have a pregnant belly, and not pregnant legs, pregnant arms, a pregnant rear end or a pregnant face. For those that aren't aware, the pregnant body retains a little layer of fat so your baby has a stockpile of nutrition, you know, in the event that you're stuck in the wilderness for 5 days without any food. Just in case. I definitely have that little layer, but some girls aren't as lucky as I am, and I fully recognize that. Let's hope my extremities stay semi-normal for the next 4 weeks!
3. People really are nicer to you when you're pregnant! I've heard that changes pretty quickly when you have a screaming infant, though.
4. Eating ice cream on the regular without feeling guilty has been pretty nice. Low fat cookies and cream Blue Bell is my current favorite! The pregnant lady needs her calcium!!!
5. Joining the club of motherhood. You just don't get it until you join. And along the same lines, sharing this pregnancy with my friends and sister-in-law who are also pregnant. What an invaluable support system!
6. Seeing the look on other people's faces when they have a hand on my belly when this baby is kicking like crazy! It's priceless!
7. Expectant mother parking spots. Love. Although I probably could use the exercise by parking a little further away.
8. The excitement and joy this little guy has already brought our families. I mean, every single member of our family is so excited about this kid, and I love to hear the joy in their voices when we start talking about him.
9. It's not just about us anymore, and I like that. We're about to discover selflessness on a whole new level. Although that's a little scary, the thought of having our own little family of three (well, four if you count dogs as family members, and we do!) brings up so many conversations about the future and what our lives will look like several years from now. I love those conversations.
10. There are little joys to be found in being pregnant! It's not been so bad that we won't have another baby or two :). Don't start asking us yet,but God willing, we want at least one more. This little guy can't be an only child! And besides, I would love nothing more than to have a house full of boys! As a good friend once told me, with all boys, you still get to be the prettiest one in the house! Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment